Due to the Corona pandemic, Berlin's Christmas markets may not take place in their usual form this year. Nevertheless, you don't have to miss out on the Christmas spirit. It will just be a little more decentralised than usual. All over the city you will find mulled wine to take away, you can smell the scent of Christmas treats, see beautiful lights decorations and Christmas trees sparkle. Here you can get into the mood for Christmas in Berlin. The best tips.
Please show responsibility and observe the current contact restrictions (maximum five people from two households). Don't forget your masks, keep to the organisers' hygiene regulations and don't gather at the stands.
Please Show your love for Berlin with d i s t a n c e - in support of everyones safety.
Tip 1: Christmas market to go in Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf
This year, most of the Christmas stalls can be found around Breitscheidplatz. The 25 booths approved in Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf are distributed along Tauentzienstraße, Kurfürstendamm and Wilmersdorfer Straße. To avoid crowds, please do not linger directly at the Christmas stalls. After all, it's Christmas market to go. Enjoy mulled wine and waffles on a short walk. And please make sure you observe the current contact restrictions (two households and a maximum of five people).
Tip 2: Decentralised Christmas markets in the districts:
- Tempelhof: Directly at Tempelhofer Hafen you will find two stands right next to the Christmas-lit trees on the square.
- Steglitz: While shopping in Schlossstraße you can enjoy Christmas treats at one of the stalls. Please do not forget to wear your respirator masks here
- You will also find isolated stands in Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg and Spandau.
- There is no Christmas market at Domäne Dahlem this year, but on the weekends you will find a few stalls, which of course also offer mulled wine.
- So, look forward to mulled wine, bratwurst and roasted almonds, but please keep your distance and don't linger directly at the Christmas stalls to avoid crowds.
When: 2 December 2020 until 10 January 2021
Tip 3: House at the Waldsee (Haus am Waldsee)
Why not combine your Christmas shopping with a little trip. Together with Muse Store, Haus am Waldsee curates a small, fine gift shop including books and flowers. Afterwards you can take a walk through the sculpture garden and warm up at the fire bowl in the garden.
When: from 4 December
Where: House at the Waldsee, Argentine Alley 30, Zehlendorf
Tip 4: Advent garden at the Späth'schen Baumschule
If you don't have a Christmas tree yet, we recommend an excursion to the Späth'schen Baumschule. Here you can stroll through festively decorated Christmas trees and find original gifts in the herb winter garden and the farm shop. The Sculpture Garden shines with festive lights. And of course you must not go home without a Christmas tree.
When: Monday to Saturday from 9 am - 6 pm, Sunday from 10 am - 6 pm
Where: Späthstraße 80, Britz
Tip 5: Arts and crafts market in Wedding
Under the motto "Support your local artists", an art and creative market will be held on Leopoldplatz in Wedding on 3 Advent. The aim is to support local artists and artisans. At about 70 stands you will find paintings, ceramics, jewellery and many other design and decoration articles. Local restaurants and cafés will provide food and drink with Christmas and international creations.
When: Sunday, 13 December from 12 pm - 8 pm
Where: Leopoldplatz, Wedding
Tip 6: Advent calendar in the Hackesche Höfe
New surprises await you every day in the Hackesche Höfe during Decemer. As part of an Advent campaign, 24 shopkeepers have joined forces to spoil you with vouchers and small gifts. But also charitable organisations are supported with the Advent proceeds. For example, co-initiator Astrid Freitag of FREItag-Fashion donated an entire day's turnover to a circus in her home town of Celle, which has not been allowed to open since March.
With the wish list box from EAT BERLIN, she supports the Childhood House of the Berlin Charité in the fight against child abuse. For each attached wish list a part of the Christmas proceeds will be donated.
When: 1. to 24. December
Where: Hackesche Höfe, Mitte
Tip 7: Kreuzberg mulled wine walk
Due to the great success on the first two Advent weekends, the Kreuzberg mulled wine walk will be extended. However, the Tulus Lutrek will no longer be included. The operators have decided in favor of your safety not to offer any additional incentives for crowds. Please behave responsibly when you are out on a Christmas stroll in the city. Of course you can still enjoy mulled wine and Christmas treats, but really "On the Go":
Please be aware of this: Masks must be worn when ordering!
- Horváth and Volt (Paul-Lincke-Ufer 44 a and 21), Friday to Sunday from 12 pm - 4 pm
- Heart and kidney, (Fichtestr. 31) every Saturday and Sunday from 2 pm - 4 pm
Tip 8: Christmas cocktails & favourite drinks
Under the hashtag #supportyourlocalbar, VODKA23 has developed two cocktail recipes each with ten Berlin bars. From fruity Blueberry Bridge to Flawless Espresso Martini with Salty Caramel Syrup there is something for every taste. These Berlin favourite drinks can be delivered to your home, mixed and bottled for a long time - and support your favourite bar. The proceeds go entirely as a donation to the participating Berlin bars.
When: from 12 December
Where: in the online show of vodka23.com
The right basis for your cocktail evening is created with these recipe ideas for hearty Berlin cuisine:
Tip 9: Up and Coming
Spoil yourself with delicacies from Berlin. The online market place Up and Coming curates various rather unknown Berlin brands from ingredients for a luxurious breakfast in bed to selected gift sets, flowers and ceramics to exclusive wines.
Where: Deliveries are made directly to your home. You can order on the website upandcoming.market
Tip 10: theNOname Seasonal Market
On Christmas weekends, theNOname also offers a festive themed Seasonal Market with delicious food to eat and take away. Choose between Soljanka and smoked fish rolls, roasted nuts and hot drinks like Hot Buttered Rum - hot apple juice, rum and nut butter and hot chocolate.
With the art boxes you can also give away the culinary delights. In addition to a voucher, the artistically designed boxes contain durable specialities from theNOname kitchen.
When: Friday to Sunday from 14 - 18 hrs
Where: theNOname, Oranienburger Strasse 32, Mitte
Tip 11: Here you get mulled wine to go
Restaurants and cafés are currently closed, but you can still warm up with coffee or mulled wine to go. Please keep your distance and observe the contact restrictions. These and many other restaurants will serve you during your mulled wine walk:
- Friends & Friends, Stuttgarter Platz 21, Charlottenburg
- Hoffgarten, Schloßstr. 60, Charlottenburg
- Krass Böser Wolf, Markgrafendamm 36, Friedrichshain
- Straßenbräu, Neue Bahnhofstr. 30, Friedrichshain
- Tier, Weserstr. 42, Neukölln
- Geist im Glas, Lenaustraße 27, Neukölln
- Butter & Korn, Pannierstraße 57, Neukölln
- Nathanja & Heinrich, Weichselstraße 44, Neukölln
- Herr Lindemann, Richardplatz 16, Neukölln
- Drei Flaschen, Böhmische Straße 48, Neukölln
- Café Chagall, Kollwitzstr. 2, Prenzlauer Berg
- Café Liebling, Raumerstr. 36a, Prenzlauer Berg
- Hintersee Bar, Greifenhagener Str. 55, Prenzlauer Berg
- Lamm Bar, Wisbyer Str. 1, Prenzlauer Berg
- Restaurant März, Greifenhagener Str. 17, Prenzlauer Berg
- Meymann Gourmet, Tempelhofer Damm 201, Tempelhof
- Bob & Thoms, Welserstr. 10-12, Schöneberg
- Trattoria Pizzeria LuNa, Gotenstr. 18, Schöneberg
- Restaurant Dalmacija, Holsteinische Str. 55, Schöneberg
- Moa Eat & Moa Bar, Stephanstr. 41, Tiergarten
- silent green Kulturquartier, Gerichtstr. 35, Wedding
Here are the guidelines for the Lockdown light in Berlin.