After last year's Berlinale took place in summer and gave us nice evenings in the open-air cinemas, this year it will again take place in February. However, there are a few important changes due to Corona.
We have compiled for you what is already announced, so you can plan ahead.
When does the Berlinale take place?
The film festival will take place from February 10 to 20, 2022. Due to the pandemic, the format is a little different than usual:
- There is - as usual - a ceremonial opening on February 10.
- Then, until February 16, the film teams will present their films at the premieres.
- The awards ceremony will take place already on February 16.
- From February 17 to 20, the so-called Publikumstage will take place with repeat screenings in all Berlinale cinemas (at the standard price of 10 euros).
What are the measures against corona at the festival?
At the Berlinale, the 2G-Plus-Mask-Plus-Test model applies. You will only be able to participate in the events if
- you are fully vaccinated or have already recovered from an infection (2G)
- and have a negative test on the day of the event (you don't need a test if you are boostered or vaccinated twice and recovered).
- and also wear a FFP2 mask
All information about the hygiene policy can be found on the Berlinale website.
When and where can you buy tickets for the Berlinale?
And like every year, the most urgent question is: How do I get tickets?
The presale starts on February 7 at 10 am.
From February 1 you will find the entire program online, so you can plan in peace. An overview of the festival films has already been published.
Tickets are only available online on the festival website.