The classic one!
For more than 100 years, the place for bathing culture in Berlin. Opened in 1907 as a so-called family pool, the lido has over 1,275 metres of sandy beach at its disposal. Covered beach chair rentals, water slide, vast sunbathing areas on the beach and in the park—here no wishes remain unfulfilled. And when it gets really hot in Berlin, then, within a total area of 355,000 square-metres, up to 30,000 guest bathers can be accommodated. Around ten percent of the area is FKK zone. Beach volleyball and soccer offer themselves up for sport activities. A recreation facility with park area and a promenade invite for strolls and rejuvenation. A boat rental, children’s playground as well as various culinary choices round out the manifold offer. So drop everything, and out to the Wannsee!
Popular with families
The Wannsee beach is Europe's largest outdoor swimming area on an inland body of water. Once you pass through the entrance to the listed Wannsee beach, you will enjoy a majestic view of a spot that has been a favourite place for a summer outing in western Berlin for decades. And although the Wall is long gone and there are other swimming beaches on lakes, the Wannsee continues to draw families to its shores.
Space for everybody
The Wannsee Beach is popular not just for its almost mile-long (1,275 metres), 80 metre wide beach filled with bright sand from Baltic, which ensures that there's enough space for every visitor. The Wannsee only becomes deep over a very gradual slope which makes it particularly safe for younger swimmers. A playground also offers a change of pace for the young ones, as do the bungee trampoline stations and snack stands. If you like, you can also rent a wicker beach shelter.
- SeeMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperiencePackage offerWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Package Offers
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlin WelcomeCard Package offerThe official Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers