Berlin’s ‘Arts workshop for the normally abled and others’
Berlin’s most challenging theatre troupe can be found in the middle of the cultural melting pot of Prenzlauer Berg. The ‘integrative theatre’ RambaZamba works with disabled performers and amazes with magical and powerful performances.
The theatre is part of the Verein Sonnenuhr (Sundial Association), founded in 1990 by Gisela Höhne and Klaus Erforth for their son Moritz. The association enables people with disabilities to express themselves artistically without any of the barriers imposed by society. New talent is discovered and developed in several art studios, two theatre groups and at Circus Sonnenstich. Their excellent reputation has spread far beyond Berlin’s borders over the last 20 years.
The theatre ensemble has so far brought over 10 of their own productions to the stage, including "Prinz Weichherz" (Prince Softheart) in 1991 at the Deutsches Theater Berlin and ‘’Ein Herz ist kein Fußball" (A Heart is not a Football) at the Volksbühne in 2003. The ensemble also performs its own opera, "Orpheus ohne Echo" (Orpheus Without the Echo).
RambaZamba has received widespread recognition for its work, with numerous guest performances across Germany and many other European countries and has received many prestigious prizes from the Academy of Arts and others. Celebrities like Max Raabe, Meret Becker and Otto Sander supported the organisation at the charity project "Promilesen" in spring 2010. Filmmakers Sylvie Banuls and Sabina Engel produced an enthralling testimony to the work of RambaZamba in 2004 with their documentary "Liebe dich…" (Love you...).
- SeeMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperiencePackage offerWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- Summer in Berlin
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Berlin WelcomeCard Package offerThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers