off standard adult / children admission (excl. family / group tickets)
Large outdoor areas, rare species – come and visit Europe’s largest zoo
The Tierpark is the largest in Europe. About 6,500 animals live in an area of 160 hectares. Overall, there are about 760 different species of animals, from sun bears to the Indian giant flying fox. In addition to the crocodile house and the tropical hall, the Vari forest is particularly interesting. There visitors can stroll through the forest of the black-white and red Varis while observing the curious prosimians up close.
A sweet New Year's gift Baby elephant Edgar
Over 20 months ago, Kewa was pregnant. Then, on New Year's Eve, it was finally time: All alone the female elephant brought her baby into the world. Initially thought to be a girl, the baby elephant turned out to be a little boy. Berliners eagerly joined in the search for a name. Finally the curious pachyderm was christened with the name Edgar.
Video: Ich bin Edgar
Animal feedings, sows and polar bear talk
Edutainment fun for everyone are the public feedings of penguins, big cats, manatees or other animals. Daily at 11am the polar bear talk takes place. Check out the timetable.
Tierpark Berlin was founded during the division of Berlin after the Second World War, as there was also a need for a zoo in the eastern part of the city. It opened in 1955 at Friedrichsfelde Palace. The Friedrichsfelde Palace, which was built in 1695, is located at the park originally designed by the landscape architect Peter Joseph Lenné. Since 2009, the palace belongs to Tierpark Berlin again. The gemeinschaft of the sponsors of "Tierpark und Zoo Berlin e.V." took over the supervision of the events which are held here, especially regular concerts.
Information for classes
Information about guided tours for school classes can be found on the website.
- SeeMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperiencePackage offerWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Package Offers
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlin WelcomeCard Package offerThe official Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers