off for adults (children 50%), excluding New Year's Eve and other special events, no combination of multiple reductions. Please note that all performances are in German.
Theatre evenings at the Wrangelschlösschen
The Schlosspark theatre opened in the Wrangelschlösschen (Steglitz manor) in Berlin-Zehlendorf back in 1921. Theatre history was written here in the post-war period: Hildegard Knef made her debut appearance at the theatre and Samuel Beckett staged his most successful play "Waiting for Godot" here. The premiere of Max Brod's "Das Schloss" (The Castle) won the theatre the German critics' award in 1953.
In 1950 it became one of Berlin's state theatres, providing a smaller venue as part of the Schiller Theatre in Berlin-Charlottenburg until it closed at the beginning of the 1990s, initially for renovation work. However, then the Berlin Senate decided to end state subsidies to the performing house. After this, it became a private theatre with several new directors and promoters over the following years.
At the instigation of comedian Dieter Hallervorden, the theatre celebrated its reopening in autumn 2009 after extensive restoration and renovation. Together with Ilja Richter, Hallervorden took to the stage himself in Katharina Thalbach's production of Daniel Colas’ "Die Socken Opus 124" at the opening.
The Schlosspark Theater is once again one of the top theatrical addresses in the capital. One particularly special feature is the diverse programme. The in-house productions, which always feature a high-profile cast, are shown in blocks of 4-6 performances over several months after the premiere. In between, big names such as Christine Kaufmann, Dieter Hildebrandt, Jochen Kowalski, and Nickelodeon give guest performances of their solo programmes.
Please note that all performances are in German.
- SeeAdvertisementMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperienceAdvertisementWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- Winter in Berlin
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Berlin WelcomeCard AdvertisementThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers