Free admission only with Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island. visitBerlin highly recommends time slot tickets.
Classical treasures in Berlin's most frequently visited museum
Berlin's most frequently visited museum has an incredible collection of exquisite classical treasures such as the striking reconstructions of archaeological buildings – the Pergamon Altar of Zeus, Roman market gate of Milet and Ishtar Gate with the Processional Way of Babylon and the Mshatta façade.
The impressive building - one of five on Berlin's Museum Island - houses no fewer than three museums: the Collection of Classical Antiquities occupying the architectural halls and sculpture wing, the Middle Eastern Museum and the Museum of Islamic Art.
Since 2013, the Pergamonmuseum has been undergoing staggered renovation work, devised by the Ungers architectural practice, as part of the Master Plan Museumsinsel. During the current stage of renovations, the hall containing the Pergamon Altar will close at the end of September 2014 and will remain closed to the public for five years, due for reopening in 2019. The South Wing of the Pergamonmuseum, featuring the Market Gate of Miletus, the Ishtar Gate and Processional Way from Babylon, and the Museum of Islamic Art, remains unaffected and will be open to the public during this time. Attention: Longer waiting hours. visitBerlin highly recommends time slot tickets.
Please note: For technical reasons, the lift in the Pergamonmuseum is currently out of use. Wheelchair access in the museum is limited! We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
- SeeMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperiencePackage offerWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- Autumn in Berlin
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Berlin WelcomeCard Package offerThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers