off adult admission (€ 6), 57% off for children (€ 3.50), incl. special exhibitions
Technology: on land, on water and in the air
The German Technology Museum (Deutsches Technikmuseum) offers a comprehensive insight into technical cultural history in Germany. With its 26,000 sqm of floor space, the Technical Museum is one of the largest in Europe and carries on the tradition of other famous technology museums, which used to welcome visitors in Berlin before World War II.
Even its location at the ‘Gleisdreieck’ (railroad junction) is of historical importance: this is where the freight train station was once located, the rail operations headquarters with two freight depots, and the factory premises of the ‘Gesellschaft für Markt-und Kühlhallen’. The museum is an interactive venue for learning and hands-on experiencing, with exhibitions on practically all branches of technology, including traffic, communications, production and energy technology, and inland and high sea navigation, space and aeronautics.
The museum also houses one of the world’s largest railway collections in historical locomotive depots, and features a museum park with brewery and various mills. Many areas within the museum offer interactive displays for visitors of all ages. A ship navigation simulator, for example, offers the opportunity to try your hand at guiding a ship into a harbour.
The Science Center Spectrum as a large experimental center is currently being modernized. Estimated reopening: summer of 2013.
Infos for school classes
Whether “Full Steam Ahead!”, “The Dream of Flying” or “Technology and Love” - the museum offers school classes various 60-minute conducted tours. The programme is supplemented by two audio tours – “Movement” (for 8 to 12-year-olds) and “Technical Revolution” (15-years-olds and upwards). Both tours must be booked at least a fortnight in advance. After 3 pm all school pupils get in free of charge.
- SeeAdvertisementMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperienceAdvertisementWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- Winter in Berlin
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Berlin WelcomeCard AdvertisementThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers