Ride the park train to the playgrounds and the rose garden
The site of the Federal Garden Show 1985 is now one of the most attractive recreational areas in Berlin. At the Britzer Garden, there are many way to spend your leisure time in a relaxed manner: ten hectares worth of lakes, theme gardens such as the famous rose garden, playgrounds, a geological garden, a witch garden and the great outdoor laboratory, where there is a permanent exhibition concerning the world of animals and plants. At Kalenderplatz, the largest sundial in Europe is found. Whoever has become exhausted from having walked through the 100 acre large garden can continue exploring the garden with the help of the park train - or such persons may opt to pay a visit to one of the three restaurants which are open year round (Café am See, Bistro am Kalenderplatz, Restaurant Britzer Mühle).
Toilets are wheelchair accessible, wheelchair rental service, tactile signs
Bicycles and dogs are not permitted in the garden.
Animal enclosures and wildlife
Also on the premises is a large animal enclosure, housing sheep, goats, donkeys and ducks. People come here, especially at Easter, to admire the little lambs. If you’re lucky, you can sneak a peek at the wildlife in the Britz Garden, for example, the two swan families or the foxes. Children will especially enjoy the large play area: There are glaciers and deserts, the rock and water landscape also promise exciting adventures. During the Berlin summer holidays, young architects can also help to extend the clay Makunaima village (more information at www.interglotz.de).
- SeeMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperiencePackage offerWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Package Offers
- Berlin WelcomeCard Package offerThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers