off the standard adult admission price (€ 8); varying rates for special exhibitions, 100% off for children up to 18 years
Art from and about Berlin.
The Berlinische Galerie is temporarily closed due to construction work. Reopening: 29.05.2015
The Berlinische Galerie (Berlin Gallery) is one of the youngest museums in the city and collects art created in Berlin from 1870 to the present day – with both a local focus and at the same time international appeal. Founded in 1975, the Landesmuseum (State Museum) opened its own gallery in 2005 neighbouring the Jewish Museum in a spaciously converted industrial hall with 4,600 m² (50,000 ft²) exhibition space. Visual art – whether as painting, graphics, sculpture, multimedia, photography, architecture and artists’ archives, forms the basis for the creation of exciting dialogues from multiple interdisciplinary perspectives. The gallery’s outstanding collections include Dada Berlin, New Objectivity and Eastern European Avant-garde. Other highlights are the art of a divided Berlin and the reunited metropolis.
The current collections on display upstairs at the Berlinische Galerie focus on distinctive art movements from 1945–present. Special exhibitions downstairs feature everything from classical modernism to contemporary art in Berlin.
With their special exhibitions ranging from Classic Modern up to contemporary art in Berlin, the gallery is one of the most important centres of the current art scene. The exhibition programme comprises a wide range of themes, artistic styles and genres.
Information for school classes
Guided tours through the gallery’s art collection are on offer for school pupils of secondary education levels I and II. The 5 various topics cover different facets of art. The 60 minute tour costs 50 Euros, and the 90 minute tour 60 Euros. For 5 Euros a day a maximum of 28 pupils can create their own art in the studio.
- SeeMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperiencePackage offerWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- Summer in Berlin
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Package Offers
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlin WelcomeCard Package offerThe official Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers