General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
Conditions of use for the Berlin WelcomeCard
The Berlin WelcomeCard is a combined product, which comprises of a ticket for local public transport as well as a guide with reduction offers on more than 200 tourist partners and highlights. In order to use the offers fully, you must observe some regulations and information with the use of the ticket and for claiming reductions. These are summarised here, in the general terms and conditions.
The basic principle is:
with all variants of the Berlin WelcomeCard, an infinite number of children up to and including 6 years of age can travel for free.
Children under 6 years of age (a maximum of three children on ferries), prams/pushchairs, and luggage travel with the ticket holder free of charge.
A reduced fare ticket is required for each dog travelling with the ticket holder.
You will need a bicycle ticket to travel with a bicycle.
General terms and conditions
1. The Berlin WelcomeCard 2014 (BWC 2014) includes the Berlin WelcomeCardTicket for local public transport and the Berlin WelcomeCard Guide.
2. The various reductions provided by the tourism service providers are only available upon presentation of the Ticket and Guide. The user must voluntarily present the Ticket and Guide before using the service.
3. The BWC 2014 can be purchased for 48/72 hours or for 5 days and for this period of time the user can travel free of charge within the tariff zone AB or ABC of the Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg (VBB).
4. By purchasing the BWC 2014 Museumsinsel (Museum Island), during the period of validity the user is also permitted one free entry to each of the museums currently open on the Museumsinsel Berlin (excluding special exhibitions).
5. Within the applicable tariff zone the user is entitled to use the S-Bahn and U-Bahn, bus, trams as well as regional trains (excluding excursions and special services).
6. The BWC 2014 must be validated at the machines indicated prior to commencing the journey. The period of validity – i.e. 48/72 hours or five days – commences with the validation. The 5-day ticket expires at midnight on the last day of validity.
7. The BWC 2014 may be validated until 31.12.2014, with the period of validity lasting (at the most) until midnight on 02.01.2015 (48-hour ticket) or 03.01.2015 (72-hour ticket) or until 04.01.2015 (5-day ticket).
8. The price includes a travel cost component incl. statutory VAT in accordance with the details as set out on the ticket. The collection of the travel cost component is performed in the name and on the account of the transport company.
9. The user’s entitlement to travel is established directly vis-à vis the travel company in accordance with the transport terms and conditions applicable within the tariff zone of the VBB.
10. The reductions on the services offered numerous of tourism service providers, e.g. city bus and walking tours, boat cruises, entrance to museums/theatres, places of interest and visitor attractions can be up to 50% depending on the provider/service type.
11. The information contained in the Guide is based solely on the details provided the participating service provider. visitBerlin, as the publisher of the Guide, does not assume any liability for the information provided by the service provider. The user must assert claims for non-performance or inadequate performance against the applicable service provider. Service provider offers which are not detailed in the Guide and under www.berlin-welcomecard.de may require the user to pay additional charges. As the publisher, visitBerlin doesnot assume any liability for the non-performance or inadequate performance of the service provider or for any additional oral promises regarding service as made by the service provider.
12. It is not permitted to avail of price reductions following the expiry of the BWC 2013 ticket nor will unused reductions be reimbursed.
13. Unless otherwise indicated, reductions for stage events will only be available from the evening box-office; all other reductions will be available from the day-time box office.
14. Unless otherwise indicated, the reductions apply in respect of adults and the standard (normal, non-reduced) price. Where available and unless otherwise indicated, child reductions are available for up to three children under the age of 15.
15. The event organiser or service provider expressly reserves to the right to make changes to the service offer, opening times, standard prices and period of performance.
16. As the publisher, visitBerlin and its representatives or vicarious agents will only be liable to pay compensation, particularly in respect of delays, nonperformance, inadequate performance or tortious liability, insofar as this is not excluded by these conditions of use. Furthermore, visitBerlin will only be liable for the breach of those significant contractual duties the fulfilment of which is particulary important from the perspective of the user. The limitation on liability does not apply to deliberate acts or gross negligence.
Furthermore, visitBerlin will only be liable within the terms of the statutory regulations. visitBerlin will only be liable in respect of foreseeable damage/loss. Liability is excluded in respect of indirect damage/loss, especially consequential damage, unforeseeable damage, damage not typical for this type of contract and for lost profits. The same applies for the consequences of labour disputes, accidental damage and force majeure. visitBerlin excludes all liability in relation to technical faults.
17. The Berlin WelcomeCard Guide may not be sold separately from a valid Berlin WelcomeCard Ticket. Breaches of this regulation will be prosecuted.
18. The Berlin WelcomeCard may not be exchanged.
|Conditions for use of the Berlin WelcomeCard||391.4 KB|
- SeeAdvertisementMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperienceAdvertisementWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Package Offers
- Berlin WelcomeCard AdvertisementThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information