This year, the diverse Christmas market in the Old Mint invites you to celebrate culture, family and diversity together with a colourful programme. During the week, you can enjoy relaxed winter drinks and street food. At the weekend, creative themed markets will take place.
Art, Music & Diversity
This year's culture and winter market at the Alte Münze is all about art, music, good food combined with celebrating togetherness and diversity. Authentic Berlin flair is promised by the Vintage & Second Hand Market, a plant market, international street food and Berlin's largest upcycled Christmas tree.
To escape the winter cold, warm wintry drinks are available at the hip container bar and in the unique mulled wine & punch forest. Inside the historic building you will find more offers of the culture and winter market.
QUEER Winter Market 2021
On the weekends of 27-28 November and 4-5 December, designers, artists, craftspeople, neighbourhood shops and LGBTQIA entrepreneurs will offer their creations for sale at the QUEER Winter Market. The themed market includes 40 to 50 different stalls where you can buy basic things for a better life. The purchases support local businesses.
More than 700 years of tradition at the Berlin Mint
The first documented mention of the Berlin mint dates from 1280. Over many years, the Berlin mint with the letter "A" developed into one of the oldest trademarks of all. For a time, the mint was the only one in the GDR. In 1990, production of the D-Mark began. Production of the euro coins took place there from 1999 until the turn of the year between 2005 and 2006, when the State Mint left the site in Berlin-Mitte. Since then, the "Alte Münze" has been a venue for events, art, culture and social start-ups.
The highlights of the Winter Mint 2021
- Mulled wine and punch forest in the wintry courtyard
- Varied street food offer
- Container bar with winter drinks
- Plant market
- Largest Upcicling Christmas tree in Berlin
- Children's programme at the weekends
- Live music and DJs on the singer and songwriter tent stage
- Vintage & Second Hand Market
- Exhibition of works in the new studio on the 2nd floor
Our tips for your visit to the Winter Mint
Not far from the former mint are many of Berlin's famous sights. For example, when visiting the newly opened Humboldt Forum with its interesting exhibitions, there is something for young and old.
Opening hours and admission prices
- Dates: continuously from 26 November to 12 December
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 4 p.m., Saturday & Sunday from 12 p.m.
- Admission prices: Monday to Thursday free, Friday to Sunday 5€; reduced 3 €; children up to 7 years free.
- 2 G's apply,
We recommend travelling by public transport:
- S-Bahn: S3, S5, S7, S9 Jannowitzbrücke and Alexanderplatz
- Bus: 200, 248, N2, N40, N42, N60, N65 Nikolaiviertel
- Underground: U5 Rotes Rathaus; U2 Klosterstraße