From September 15 - 18, POSITIONS Berlin Art Fair, as overture and partner of Berlin Art Week, presents selected international galleries with their most important artistic positions of contemporary and modern art. The established art fair will transform the spacious hangars of the former Tempelhof Airport, including the airfield in front of it, into a hotspot for the creative scene and the art market.
The audience can expect an overview of current developments and trends in the art market with a mix of selected young and established positions that invite to discover and rediscover.
For its ninth edition, the fair moves to Hangars 5 and 6 of the former Berlin-Tempelhof Airport and offers its visitors an attractive supporting program of talks, guided tours, award ceremonies, and curated special exhibitions.
- The popular special exhibition Academy POSITIONS will once again provide an overview of current topics and working methods of the up-and-coming generation of artists.
- The curated Selected POSITIONS section will offer new collectors in particular an entry into the art market - with artworks measuring a maximum of 50 x 50 cm and costing less than 1,900 euros.
- The format FASHION POSITIONS makes the interface between fashion and art visible and stages selected Berlin fashion designers in the context and exchange with art.
A proven hygiene concept as well as the spacious hangars 5 & 6 of Tempelhof Airport, which in addition to the meter-high ceilings and light-flooded halls with the open space in front and the airfield offer a unique and airy backdrop for the art presentation, guarantee safety and a relaxed atmosphere.
POSITIONS Berlin Art Fair is the official partner of Berlin Art Week, which presents selected exhibition openings of Berlin's major museums and institutions such as KW Institute of Contemporary Art, Berlinische Galerie, Gropius Bau, Hamburger Bahnhof and Berlin's numerous private museums together.
Public visiting hours
- Friday, September 16, 2022: 2 - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, September 17, 2022: 2 - 8 p.m.
- Sunday, September 18, 2022: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. (tbc)