Young Euro Classic 2023
The orchestra of the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre presents itself at Young Euro Classic with a programme that focuses on the music of its home country.
International fame has been won by the now 87-year-old Arvo Pärt, whose distinctive musical style is particularly well expressed in his work "If Bach had bred bees".
- Arvo Pärt - "If Bach had bred bees" for wind quintet, string orchestra, piano and percussion (1994/2019).
- Alisson Kruusma - "Five Arabesques" (2021/22, German premiere)
- Joseph Haydn - Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in D major Hob XVIII:11
- Arvo Pärt - "In spe" for wind quintet and string orchestra (2010)
- Eduard Tubin - Symphony No. 7 (1958)
Orchester der Estnischen Akademie für Musik und Theater
Toomas Vavilov (Dirigent)
Sten Heinoja (Klavier)