ELGAR, TURNAGE, HUMPERDINCK
The brass ensemble of the Staatskapelle Berlin makes its Pierre Boulez Saal debut with a program spanning three centuries of music history. Sumptuous arrangements of harpsichord works by Renaissance composer John Bull are followed by Elgar’s colorful Severn Suite and Mark-Anthony Turnage’s Out of Black Dust, written in 2007.
The concert’s second part is dedicated to Engelbert Humperdinck’s beloved fairy-tale opera Hänsel und Gretel, heard in an adaptation for brass and speaker, narrated in German.
- John Bull - St. Thomas Wake
- John Bull - The King's Hunt
- Edward Elgar - The Severn Suite Op. 87
- Mark-Anthony Turnage - Out of Black Dust*** - ***
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Hänsel und Gretel, Arrangement for Brass Ensemble and Narrator by Hans-Joachim Drechsler
Lindenbrass - Blechbläser der Staatskapelle Berlin
Pierre Boulez Saal