In 2018 they'll be back at home 'Unter den Linden'. Two extraordinary music theater works by two of the most important opera composers are performed: Giuseppe Verdi's "Falstaff" and Richard Wagner's "Parsifal".
In the second venue of the Philharmonie, which attracts visitors from all over the world, three concerts are played. The composers Gustav Mahler and Claude Debussy have made their own way into the modern age with their music and form the focus of these concerts.
In addition, Daniel Barenboim himself will be performing as a conductor and as a pianist.
- Richard Wagner Overture to the opera Der fliegende Holländer (Transcripton for two pianos by Claude Debussy)
- Claude Debussy Six Épigraphes antiques for piano for four hands
- Claude Debussy En blanc et noir for two pianos Claude Debussy Lindaraja for two pianos
- Claude Debussy Prélude à l' après-midi d' un faune (version for two pianos)
- Claude Debussy La Mer (version for piano with four hands)
Staatskapelle Berlin (Orchester)
Daniel Barenboim (Dirigent)
Martha Argerich (Klavier)
Maria Furtwängler (Sprecherin)
Anna Prohaska (Sopran)
Marianne Crebassa (Mezzosopran)
Chor der Staatsoper Unter den Linden Berlin (Chor)
Martin Wright (Chor-Einstudierung)