Bridge day in Mitte
With its street festival and many activities on and in the water, the "Alliance New Orphan Bridge" promotes the timely reconstruction of the no longer existing bridge in Berlin's historic center. Planning for the new Waisenbrücke has still not begun, although funds are available and a broad alliance is calling for its reconstruction.
On the symbolically chosen "bridge day" between Ascension Day and the weekend, the "New Orphans' Bridge Alliance" will therefore be on site to draw attention to the omission with joint activities. In the process, the river and the street are temporarily transformed into a completely different urban space.
Only a new Waisenbrücke can reconnect and revitalize the historic neighborhoods on both sides of the Spree. The bridge is also an important urban planning prerequisite for the future museum and creative quarter at Köllnischer Park.
Time: 2 - 5 p.m.
- Information booths of the participating organizations
- Proposals for new traffic solutions by the Kiezblock Nördliche Luisenstadt initiative, Interessengemeinschaft Leipziger Straße e. V. and the Fahrradfreundliche Mitte - Changing Cities Central network, among others
- Bridge-building for young and old with the team of the Kreativhaus Berlin (multi-generation house and mobile district work)
- Open-air presentation of the "Easy Rider Road Show" with musuku e. V.
- bicycle self-help workshop by Rückenwind e. V.
- historical children's games
- Highlight around 3 p.m:
- symbolic bridge-building of ships of the Historic Port between the banks of the Spree with dance performance by Marameo Berlin e. V.
The members of the Alliance New Orphan Bridge
- Berlin Tourism & Congress GmbH
- Stakeholder representation for the redevelopment area Nördliche Luisenstadt
- Citizens' association Luisenstadt e. V.
- Association for the Protection of the Environment and Nature (BUND) Berlin e. V.
- Changing Cities e. V.
- Historic Port of Berlin / Berlin-Brandenburg Shipping Company e. V.
- Berlin City Museum Foundation
- Association of Friends and Sponsors of the Stadtmuseum Berlin e. V.
Inselstraße / Märkisches Ufer (Historischer Hafen)