For the 14th time, the BERLINER HÖRSPIELFESTIVAL 2023 offers the opportunity to get an overview of the diversity of the scene. Whether radio play, sound art or feature - all forms of acoustic storytelling and their mixtures are allowed. Because the pieces are only divided into length categories.
There are prizes for:
- The Long Burning Micro (#LBM) – tracks ranging in length from 20 to 60 minutes
- The Short Burning Micro (#KBM) – tracks ranging in length from 5 to 20 minutes
- The Glowing Button Mic (#GKM) – tracks up to 5 minutes in length
- Der MikroFlitzer (#DMF) – pieces with a maximum length of 60 seconds. This competition is announced shortly before the festival. The submissions must meet various conditions: As a rule, a specific sentence and a specific sound must appear in it. The 1-minute film must be finished within 14 days.
- The Burning Mic (#TBM) – non-German language pieces with a length of 60 seconds to 60 minutes.
- The igniting micro (#DZM) - the cross-divisional sponsorship award. Since 2021, debut pieces (i.e. a maximum of the second production) from the above categories can also apply for the sponsorship award.
The Berlin radio play festival is the meeting place for creative exchange, intensive discussions and of course for concentrated, relaxed, enjoyable, but above all listening together. The festival is an established meeting place and platform for the free radio play scene.
Moderated discussions with the artists put the competition entries in the limelight in a special way.