Alexandre Kantorow plays Bartók, Liszt, Fauré, Rachmaninoff and Bach
In addition to Stravinsky's colorfully dazzling Feuervogel, Kantorow will interpret Brahms' arrangement of Bach's Chaconne, which was actually written for violin, during the solo evening.
Alexandre Kantorow was hailed as a "reborn Liszt" when he won the prestigious Tchaikovsky Competition in 2019. This season, the young pianist will perform music by Liszt both as part of his debut with the Berliner Philharmoniker and in the Philharmonie Berlin's Piano Series.
- Béla Bartók Rhapsody for Piano Sz 26
- Franz Liszt Études d'exécution transcendante: No. 12 Chasse-neige
- Franz Liszt Années de Pèlerinage, Première Année, Suisse: No. 6 Vallée d'Obermann
- Gabriel Fauré Nocturne No. 6 in D flat major op. 63
- Sergei Rachmaninov Piano Sonata No. 1 op. 28
- Johann Sebastian Bach Partita in D minor BWV 1004: 5th movement Chaconne (arrangement for piano left hand by Johannes Brahms)