The Berlinale begins on 7 February. And as every year, the most urgent question is: How do I get tickets? We've created an overview for you of when and where you should buy your tickets.
When can you buy tickets?
The advance booking starts on February 4th at 10 am. Tickets for all movies it always three days in advance (so on Monday for Thursday, on Tuesday for Friday).
Tickets for the following screenings will be available from 4 February:
- all on public day (Sunday, 17 February)
- in the Friedrichstadt Palace
- in the HAU Hebbel on the shore
- Culinary Cinema
- Berlinale Goes Kiez
You can buy two tickets per movie, for Generation there are five tickets. There are no limits at the 19.30 Culinary Cinema performances.
Where can you buy tickets? The ticket boxes
Central ticket sales take place daily from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at these pre-sale points:
- In the Potsdamer Platz Arkaden at Potsdamer Platz in the shopping mall U-Bahn Potsdamer Platz
- In the International Cinema Karl-Marx-Allee 33 / corner Schillingstraße, center subway Schillingstraße
- At the Haus der Berliner Festspiele Schaperstraße 24, Wilmersdorf Underground Spichernstraße
- Audi City Berlin Kurfürstendamm 195, Wilmersdorf U-Bahn Uhlandstraße
You can also buy tickets at the Eventim theatre box offices and online at berlinale.de.
Tip: In our Berlin Tourist Info (except the one in the mainhall in Tegel) you can get your tickets - without queuing. It's plus an advance booking fee of 2 Euro / ticket. The Berlin Tourist Info in the Europa-Center opens extra half an hour earlier, i.e. already at 9:30 a.m., between 04.02 - 14.02.
Tips for newcomers to the Berlinal queue:
Long queues will be waiting for you at the ticket offices of the Berlinale. Therefore you should have everything ready when it's your turn. Each film has its own ticket code number. Please state this at the box office and not the title, cinema and time. If you have any questions, ask them beforehand while waiting, then everyone will be happy to help and give valuable tips.
And one more thing - among film fans the code of honour applies: "We don't push ahead".