Stick together, support each other, overcome the crisis together, that is what we need now at this time. Here we present some ideas from people who have come together to do just that. Take a look at this*.
*Please remember: You are responsible for your own use of the offers. Please be careful - you are in contact with strangers. We cannot guarantee the safety, reliability and quality of the providers.
on- and offline offers
In these times, neighbourhood assistance is more than ever in demand. On the website coronaport.net you can register, both if you want to offer help and if you are looking for help. If you would like to offer help: it doesn't have to be anything exciting, shopping or walking the dog can be a great support to people at risk. The list of providers is already relatively long. Have a look.
Here, too, neighbourhood assistance is very important. Look at the page of the neighbourhood portal nebenan.de, on which you can get help and also offer it. The portal has also thought of the people who are not online and made an appeal to the house community: Use the notice board for the staircase! Here you enter what you need: shopping in the supermarket, drugstore or pharmacy, walking the dog and/or child care. The list can then be simply pinned to the apartment door, the shopping list thrown into the mailbox and of course you can contact each other by phone.
How can you come together in a crisis? In this Facebook group people, who want offer support wherever it is needed, come together. A Google Maps map linked to the Facebook group allows you to see if there are willing volunteers nearby. Via the group you can then contact them and arrange a date. Of course the help is free of charge, it is about solidarity in difficult times.
"Help each other, respect each other, support your neighbours and offer help to the corona risk group (people with previous illnesses, weakened immune systems or from the age group 65+). With this appeal, rbb radio station Fritz is approaching its community and offering a note to print out, that can be filled out and hung up in the hallway.
Help in the districs
In Wedding, a Facebook group "Wedding Solidarisch - Gemeinsam gegen Corona" (Wedding Solidarity - Together against Corona) has been formed, which coordinates relief actions for neighbours who are particularly at risk. The group, which currently has almost 500 members, looks for prospects of solidarity and supports those most affected by the threat of the virus.
Even more help is offered via the platform from Kreuzberg. The Twitter account @hilftbei bundles important information, contact persons and telephone numbers for people in need. Here too, the aim is to help the elderly, the destitute, single parents, Hartz IV recipients, expats and the disabled.
Your ticket for your artists and stages
The art scene is of course also strongly affected by the cancellations of theatre performances, concerts etc. and suffers from the financial losses. If you want to show how important it is to you to preserve the diversity of creative work, join in. Because one thing is clear: As soon as the crisis is over, we all want to be able to use these diverse offers again. Please support the artists and the stages. Thank you!
What can you do?
- you have the possibility to sign this petition
- or simply, if you can afford, to waive the refund of your booked tickets. The initiative #meinekartemeinebühne therefore calls on the audience to send a sign of solidarity artists from theatre, dance, opera and music. Therefore please contact the stage accordingly.
- The social welfare organisation Karuna is launching a fundraising campaign for homeless people affected by the pandemic.
- The initiative Kiezhelden calls on people to support Berlin's small shops and presents local shops on their Instagram account, which are still there for their customers despite all restrictions.
- A group around the Berlin entrepreneur Karsten Kossatz has started a help platform to support restaurants, bars, cafés, clubs, shops, hotels, museums and co. The idea: As regular guests you can buy vouchers that can be redeemed later and provide financial support for your favourite places now.
Please stay at home when....
- you have been in contact with people who have been infected with COVID-19
- you yourself have COVID-19 symptoms
- you were recently in one of the risk areas.
Here you can find important information about the Current situation in Berlin.