Instead of simply letting the curtain fall in times of the Corona crisis, many Berlin cultural workers immediately sent a signal of solidarity - and that life goes on despite Corona. Within a very short time, Berlin's theatres and stages have put together a digital programme that is quite impressive. Enjoy!
Livestream HAU Hebbel am Ufer
Until 19 April, Hebbel am Ufer will be showing a selected online programme. The opening of the Spy on Me #2 festival has been moved to the HAU-YouTube channel in an "artistic manoeuvre for the digital present". This means that you can now watch theatre performances, discussions and dialogues, as well as selected films from the HAU from the comfort of your couch.
Livestream Schlosspark Theater
"Butterflies are free" is the current production of the Schlosspark Theater. A beautiful title fitting to spring, which feels a bit strange despite the splendour of blossoms and sunrays outside. Don't let it get you down and join the livestream on Facebook of this love story and comedy about growing up, which ran in the American original on Broadway in the late 60s.
Streaming Program of the Deutschen Oper Berlin
The Deutsche Oper also offers you a great online programme for the long family evenings in times of the Corona crisis, also for children. Until 24 March, the Snow Queen takes you away to the far north. Further offers will follow. Planned are among others
- 19 to 21 March: Janácek's "Jenufa" under the musical direction of Donald Runnicles and directed by Christof Loy (2014)
- 21 to 23 March: Wagner's "Rienzi" in a production by Philipp Stölzl, conductor: Sebastian Lang-Lessing (2010)
- 23 to 25 March: Wagner's "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg" in a production by Götz Friedrich, conductor: Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos (1995)
- The youth production "LAUT!", for which rehearsals were already running, will be postponed.
- The children's ballet training for the children's ballet company will be continued via online courses.
Livestream of the BKA Theater Hauptstadtstudio
The BKA Theatre has established its own BKA Theatre Capital Studio due to the nation's location. Here Edith Schröder informs about the situation of the stages in the capital and calls for support. The advance ticket sales for the time after the crisis is open, also the merchandise shop. All those of you who would like to support the BKA Theater additionally can purchase voluntary solidarity tickets or BKA Antivirus livestream tickets. Of course there will be streaming, too, the livestream events are marked in the programme.
Here you can support your local artists
Not only for the BKA Theater, but for many stages, theaters and cultural workers, the closures in the course of the Corona-Kirse represent an existential threat. You can help!
- The initiative #meinekartemeinebühne, for example, calls for a sign of solidarity with the artists. If you can afford it, you can, for example, simply waive the refund of your ticket.
- Through openPetition you can donate online for freelancers and artists during the Corona shutdown. Thanks!
We have collected further possibilities to support each other in times of crisis here for you.
Please stay at home, especially when....
- you have been in contact with people who have been infected with COVID-19
- you yourself have COVID-19 symptoms
- you were recently in one of the risk areas.
Here you can find important information about the Current situation in Berlin.