As an extension to the classical Berlin WelcomeCard variants, there is also the Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island for art and culture enthusiasts
In addition to the services of the Berlin WelcomeCard 72h Berlin (AB) – with free travel on public transport services within the tariff zone Berlin AB
, including Berlin-Tegel Airport
and reductions of up to 50% from over 200 Berlin attractions and highlights – the Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island also gives you free entry to the museums of the Museum Island (special exhibitions are excluded)
For three consecutive days, the holders of the Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island can visit for free the five famous museums (Ancient National Gallery, Ancient Museum, Bodemuseum, New Museum and Pergamon Museum) of the Berlin Museum Island – these are UNESCO world heritage sites.
Advantages and services at a glance
Price 2015: €40.50
- Free travel with all public transport services for 72 hours after purchase time
- Discounts of at least 25% and up to 50% for more than 200 tourist and cultural highlights
- Valid for the tariff zone AB – Berlin (including Berlin Tegel Airport)
- Valid for one person
- Free entry to the museums of the Museum Island on three consecutive days (excl. special exhibitions, extra fees may occur)
- Handy guide in pocketbook format with
- A multitude of current insider tips and tour suggestions
- City map for Berlin and Potsdam
- Network plan for public transport
- Partner of the month with special bonus offers per month
Since 2013, the Pergamonmuseum
has been undergoing staggered renovation work, devised by the Ungers architectural practice, as part of the Master Plan Museumsinsel
. During the current stage of renovations, the hall containing the Pergamon Altar closed at the end of September 2014
and will remain closed to the public for five years, due for reopening in 2019.
Longer waiting hours. visitBerlin
highly recommends time slot tickets
For technical reasons, the lift in the Pergamonmuseum is currently out of use. Wheelchair access in the museum is limited!