A forest park with a recreation centre for children and Berlin-Brandenburg in miniature
The Wuhlheide park is an extensive recreation and amusement park complete with a miniature railway, open-air stage, playground areas and a recreational centre, which provides a variety of activities for children and young people alike.
The park was created between 1919 and 1932 based on plans drawn up by the director of the Treptower garden Ernst Harrich Treptower. By establishing Wuhlheide park, forest and parkland were connected to one another. In so doing, the various needs and demands on the use of an urban forest were taken into account. The various areas full of trees and the garden-like aspects of the park were meant for those seeking quiet relaxation. At the same time, areas for more active forms of recreation were also included. Thus, in addition to sport and playing fields, playgrounds and sport areas, a dance floor, a pool, a toboggan run and a swimming pool were also built. At the end of the nineties, the gradual reconstruction of the public park began. The swimming pool has been elaborately refurbished in the style of the twenties and the former military sites have now been renatured. The park is also being placed on Berlin’s list of historic monuments.
Recently, a model park of Berlin-Brandenburg was created. Nestled in a landscaped park, which emulates the characteristics of the region, visitors have the chance to observe more than 60 models of famous sights of both Berlin and Brandenburg. All models have been created on a scale of 1:25. The model park is constantly adding to its miniature attractions.
- SeeAdvertisementMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperienceAdvertisementWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- Winter in Berlin
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Berlin WelcomeCard AdvertisementThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers