Superlative events on the bank of the Spree
The o2 World was opened in September 2008, a modern multi-function arena setting new standards for Berlin. Up to 17,000 people can attend the concerts – then the stands can be converted to a sporting arena within a few hours after they leave.
Spectacular stage events and sports highlights
The o2 World is particularly suited to large and spectacular shows, such as “Walking with Dinosaurs”, which features life-size dinosaur replicas. Concerts are also provided for by the ultramodern technology and video projections. The arena is also the home of the national league basketball club ALBA Berlin and the ice hockey team Eisbären Berlin. 59 conference and party suites with catering facilities add additional options to the events held at o2 World.
The arena is on the site of the old Ostgüterbahnhof railway yard on the Mühlenstrasse. A gap in the “East Side Gallery” section of the former Berlin Wall provides access for the o2 World to its own landing stage on the Spree, so it is possible to visit it by boat. There are 2,000 parking spaces on the site and the open spaces around the building are occasionally used for travelling exhibitions and open-air events.
o2 World is run by the Anschutz Entertainment Group as part of the Mediaspree investment programme, which is developing media activities along the Spree bank on the Mühlenstrasse. In the long term, further leisure centres are planned on the site, including cinemas, restaurants, a hotel and a casino.
- SeeAdvertisementMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperienceAdvertisementWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Package Offers
- Berlin WelcomeCard AdvertisementThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers