Culture meets the clubbing scene
A legendary entertainment venue dating back to the 1920s, the Admiralspalast still offers a varied programme from theatre to concerts, and from musicals to parties. The Admiralspalast on Berlin's Friedrichstrasse reopened in 2006 after extensive restoration work and now offers various forms of entertainment at several venues under one roof.
Major musical productions regularly enjoy notable success in the large auditorium. Klaus Maria Brandauer's production of Brecht's "Threepenny Opera" with Toten Hosen singer Campino in the role of Mackie Messer opened the new programme at the traditional theatre. This was followed by further highlights including "My Fair Lady", "The Rocky Horror Show" and, in the summer of 2009, Mel Brook's controversial cult comedy, "The Producers".
Concerts and comedy shows are also held in the main auditorium. Artists such as Max Raabe and his Palast Orchestra or Helge Schneider return time and time again to the stage at the Admiralspalast to captivate Berlin audiences with their latest offerings.
Music is becoming an increasingly important feature at the Admiralspalast. Visitors can enjoy the entire musical range here, from soul legend Solomon Burke to Jan Delay and new local talents. Every now and then, the seats in the main auditorium are folded away - then everyone parties and dances the night away until the early hours.
- SeeAdvertisementMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperienceAdvertisementWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- Winter in Berlin
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Berlin WelcomeCard AdvertisementThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information
Subscribe here to the monthly free e-newsletter and stay informed about latest news and seasonal tips!
- exciting Berlin News
- new travel offers