Exhibitions in 2014
Rembrandt Bugatti (1884-1916) is one of the most important sculptors of the early twentieth century. Until his suicide at 31, the Italian created an extensive catalogue of some 300 works, including many animal sculptures such as "The Walking Panther" and the Anteater. Venerated in France and the USA, Bugatti's work bring in millions, although he is still largely unknown in Germany. The exhibition at the Nationalgalerie is the first show in Germany to focus exclusively on his works.
Old National Gallery from 28th March 2014 to 27th July 2014
8th Berlin Biennale
The 8th Berlin Biennale for Contemporary Art will bring together a range of local and international artistic positions that explore the intersection between history and individuals' lives. The exhibition focusses on three speculative approaches toward the city of Berlin: in its relationship to the built environment, in its relationship to citizenship, and in its relationship to labor. The 8th Berlin Biennale's curator is Juan A. Gaitán.
The World c. 1914. Colour photography before the Great War
This exhibition is devoted to the hitherto almost forgotten colour photographs and films which were made before the First World War, having been commissioned by the French banker Albert Kahn. Inspired by the colour photography of the Lumière brothers, he issued these commissions – at a time when the nations of Europe were already arming for the Great War – to photographers of both sexes, in order to build up the Archives de la planète with colour photos from all over the world. In this picture archive over 70,000 colour shots have been preserved.
Martin-Gropius-Bau from 1st August to 2nd November 2014
- SeeMust Sees in Berlin: top sights, Museums and city tours — all at a glance!
- Museums + Art
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group travel to Berlin
- Berlins locations of world history
- ExperiencePackage offerWhat's going on in Berlin? Berlin events, insider tips for shopping, dining, and nightlife in Berlin.
- Food + Drinks
- Berlin offers more
- Summer in Berlin
- InformPractical information for your stay in Berlin: map, Berlin's districts, public transport and Berlin Tourist Infos.
- City info
- Travel information
- Tourist Information
- Group travel to Berlin
- Find + BookBook your trip to Berlin: hotels in Berlin, the Berlin WelcomeCard, tickets and package offers.
- Berlin WelcomeCard Package offerThe ultimate Berlin ticket: the Berlin WelcomeCard. Find out where you can get discounts and read all about our Berlin tours.
- Tours + Savings
- Product information